Junior College (JC) students often find math teaching and teaching can be overwhelming due to the transition from O Level to H1/H2 standards. Mathematics teaching is approached in a different manner, so H2 math tuition can smooth any anxieties and help your child perform at optimum levels within the JC environment. Singapore Math Academy provide specialist H2 math tuition to assist any student grasp key concepts and reach his/her potential in mathematics.
Our classes start in January each year. Pupils embarking on the JC academic route often find teaching styles and learning expectations are different within the JC environment. Your child benefits in a number of ways from H2 math tuition, including:
– small classes, with no more than six pupils. This allows students to develop skills in mathematics quicker, with teaching staff able to provide necessary one-to-one support and ease the transition into the JC environment;
– copyrighted and precise notes summarizing key concepts and breaking them down into small bite-sized chunks that are easier for students to assimilate;
– tutorials based around examinations to ensure each student receives utmost benefit from H2 math tuition;
– rigorous testing leading up to A Level exams, based on prior examination questions. This gives students opportunities to develop presentation styles and assists JC learning reinforcement;
– Junior College revision classes available closer to the exams give students further supportive H2 math tuition and students will benefit from four lessons in June providing substantial revision notes that are geared towards supplementing the college syllabus.
Our students recommend the teaching methods we employ and we take students from a number of local schools, including Hwa Chong Institution, Raffles Institution, Saint Andrew’s JC, Anglo-Chinese JC and National JC. Ms Ang takes time to review the work of every individual student and ensure learning is progressing, while Mr Ian Ang provides supplementary H2 math tuition that will support any student in the transition from O level to A level mathematics.
We provide our students with fully worked solutions to problems, so any problems experienced during tutorials can be worked through using the model answers. You can check out examples of some of our OHP slides and notes to see the depth of information provided to students that sign up for H2 math tuition.
The Math Academy in Singapore provides H2 tuition in Pure Mathematics and Statistics and your child will discover the small class sizes are ideal for developing confidence and help ensure every student grasps key learning concepts. J1 classes start at the beginning of January, prior to the release of O level results. This gives students the opportunity to transition more easily into Junior College learning methodologies